Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

False Starts

Like anyone who has ever blogged, I have a list/document/folder in my e-mail/pocket/brain where I put all of the words/ideas/experiences I don't want to forget to write about. I've put ideas on it for the last six or seven years, and I'm pretty sure not even once have I gone back and blogged about whatever was too important to not write down. I just stumbled upon some of this crap and thought I'd share some:

  • Surfing yesterday
  • Flashlight (If any of you know what the hell this one means, let me know and I'll scare up a post about it)
  • Just pay next time
  • Josh! 
  • City bus
  • Nature is a very tricky thing. It looks all pretty and inviting, but it also gets light out very early. 
  • Last surf & this one
  • Cleaning ladies
  • And when she said that, I kept thinking of Csikszentmihalyi.
  • Dr. Glenn - "I'm just glad you're here."
  • Surfing on Tuesday
  • Cat Stevens
  • Labyrinths - getting to the dead end is part of it. Sitting outside of the maze is not. 
  • If you are a youngster - move along; there's nothing to see here. If you no longer pull out grey hairs you find, if your knees hurt when you walk down stairs, if you feel lousy the morning after having two beers - read on.
  • Relationship: Keep trying. 
  • Surf sesh last week
  • This morning when I woke up, my first thought was: I wish I had a Blazer game to go to tonight. Sigh. And then I remembered I do have a Blazer game to go to tonight!
  • The most connecting part was when we were out of the water and in this surf school session where this Aussie was teaching us about wave and break types, how to read weather patterns, and surf etiquette. He was describing how to handle the line up, and he explained that the surfer closest to the peak (Surfer 1) gets to go first. And then after Surfer 1, Surfer 2, the guy next-closest to the peak, can go. But, he said, "Surfer 2 needs to be sure to leave room for Surfer 1 to express himself." That's it. That was the best part of my surf vacation. We were bone-dry sitting around a dry-erase board looking at drawings of little stick figures on a triangle-shaped wave. 

You're welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment